Whoo! Well finals took a bigger toll on me than anticipated this term. So sorry for the delay, but here is a blog post about my Liebster Award Nomination, thanks to Sliced Science – one the newer blogs I have been following on WordPress that talks about every day science and explained in a simple, yet interesting way! Please go check it out!
What is the Liebster Award?
Just in case you are wondering, because I certainly didn’t know! It’s a recognition awarded to up and coming bloggers with less than 200 followers.
The Liebster Award Rules
- Post eleven facts about yourself
- Answer the questions the tagger has set for you and create eleven questions for people you’ve nominated
- Choose eleven people to give this award to and link them in your post (with fewer than 200 followers)
- Go to their page and tell them
- Remember, no tag backs.
Much of this entry will have links to previous relevant posts and favorites 🙂
11 Facts About the “Looking Through the Test Tube Glass” Blogger
- My username here is ChubbyRiceBall inspired by Fruits Baskets, though my actual name is Christal. The username reflects the original intent of my blog: to track my weight loss & exercise journey and struggles anonymously.
- Hailing from New York, I have been a Knicks NBA (National Basketball Association) fan since a child. I am not a band wagon fan, I tell you!
- I originally became interested in science when I was younger because I wanted to be a doctor. More importantly, I really was bad at science in grade school. It was one of the few subjects that did not come to me as easily, and I had to work really hard in at to do well in. The complexity intrigued me, as it still does today.
- I have two favorite types of puppies. One day I hope to own one: Welsh Corgis & Alaskan Malamutes
- My favorite song of all time is Kiara by Bonobo. I will never tire of that song.
- My favorite band of all time is the Beatles, hands down classic. Just take a look at the back of my Ipod Touch.
- I don’t read leisurely as much as I should. However, I really enjoy reading the latest science news, short stories, and poetry (especially American literature).
- I really like food! When I’m not a starving college student, this is what I like to eat around campus: sushi (Eel, Philadelphia, and Spicy Tuna rolls for affordable bites), Indian cuisine (paneer masala, my love!), Chili’s (Sick obsession with Mango Margaritas & Honey Chipotle Chicken Crispers), and Chipotle chicken burritos (no burrito bowls for me!).
- Despite my love for baking, my favorite desserts are Nutella, banana, strawberry crepes and ice cream. Particularly Mint Chocolate Chip and Phish Food from Ben & Jerry’s.
- I still use Tumblr to reblog and share funny pics and inspirational words.
- I really love quotes. As a soon to be college graduate who is actively look for a job, one quote that fits the mood right now is a good Newton classic “If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.”
Q&A from Sliced Science!
Just in time for the holiday spirit! Sliced Science writes…
I currently have the song ‘Twelve Days of Christmas’ in my mind at the moment, so….“On the fourth day of Christmas the nominees gave to me, 4 favourite hobbies (and why), 3 destinations they would like to visit, 2 good memories, and 1 one reason why they blog.“
4 favorite hobbies (and why):
- Artsy stuff – Sewing, Arts & Crafts, Crocheting, Drawing
Why: because it is my creative outlet and helps me actively engage in thinking outside the box
Why: because it helps me practice my writing, and I feel like my voice can heard (maybe even be entertaining or informative)
Why: I love to make yummy sweets for my friends and family to om nom or try new recipes to experiment with
- Decorating & Handiwork
Why: I like to fix things around the house and make it look nice and homey. I am no stranger to the almighty hammer or screw driver set!
3 destinations I would like to visit: Italy, Egypt, and Spain
2 good memories: I have been blessed with so many great memories in my life time. Two favorite moments captured on this blog are 1) My first trip to the Philippines with my family and 2) Beach Trip to Ocean City, NJ with my college family
1 reason I blog: To share my stories with other people in hopes that I can relate with them, inspire them, and show them that life (including science) is fun.
My 11 Nominations & Blog Descriptions (Alphabetical Order)
- Change the World! – A blog about the experience of sponsoring and meeting a child in El Salvador through a non-profit.
- Generation Y Girl – A young, working female blogging to inform the masses in how to handle professional life
- Hungry Koala – An enticing food blog filled with photos and reviews, some of which includes Philly foods.
- Hungry Moo Moo – Yet another (non-Wordpress) food blog, but for the VA/MD/DC area! I love the cow rating system.
- It’s Only Mia (love) – A (non-Wordpress) blog covering topics like fashion, makeup trends, and interesting activites in NYC
- Kristina Mirasol – A style and makeup blog devoted to product reviews, fashion tips and trends, and beautiful photography
- Manga Hermit – A manga (Japanese comic) and anime aficionado cataloging and reviewing what she has read and seen
- Megan Ligeti – A Pretty Girl in a Nerdy World – A blog with a great sense of humor and covers the realms of the nerdy culture
- The Road to Med School – Point of view of a pre-med’s way ward path to becoming a doctor
- Trockeneisbombe – Insight from a Biochem scientist about to achieve the ever treasured title of PhD
- Why You Shouldn’t Like This – Accounts of an educator and math lover in NY
Q&A for My Nominations
- What inspires you to write in your blog?
- Show case! What are 3 of your favorite blog entries you have written?
- What is your favorite meal and dessert?
- State one of your favorite quotes.
- In what ways do you think you can improve or change your blog for the better?
- Who would win: pirate, ninja, dinosaur, zombie?
- Favorite class/subject in school?
- Favorite place (museum, park, restaurant, ect.)?
- What is one of your favorite stress relieving activities?
- Any new years resolution for 2013?
- Name any one thing you want to accomplish in you life (disregarding obstacles like money, difficulty, ect.).
Congrats nominees! Enjoy!